In addition to installing an all-in-one (AIO) camera/VTX/antenna on a standard Blade Inductrix to convert it for FPV flying, there are a few other upgrades that need to be done. The motors need to be upgraded to a higher Kv to lift the added weight, the battery needs to be upgraded to a higher mA to regain decent flight times, and the props need to be changed for even better flight times. I will be doing articles on the AIO FPV unit and upgraded motors for FPV separate articles.
For this article I tested 2, 3 and 4-bladed props on an Inductrix converted for FPV. The stock Blade 4-blade props are actually really good. The 3-blade props I tested here are Rakon and the 2-blade props are stock props with 2 blades cutoff each prop. Batteries used were Lumenier 205mAh 25C with JST-RCY connector because they handle or allow more Current than the standard Molex 1.25mm connector.
The graph below reflects average flight times for each prop flown. Components used for the FPV Inductrix include a Lumenier AIO FPV camera with 200mW VTX (with circular polarized antenna) attached to with double-sided tape and a single rubber-band. Motors are Lumenier 14,000Kv 1A 6mm brushed motors. The stock Molex 1.25mm 1S battery connector on the 3-in-1 flight controller was replaced with a JST-RCY connector for use with Lumenier 205mA 25C 1S LiPo batteries that have JST-RCY pigtail connectors. No frame brace or canopy used. Weight minus battery is 19.6g. Batteries were flown to 3.6V.
Flight Times, Average
- 4-Blade, Blade: 4min 4sec Avg (3:55, 3:57, 4:00, 4:05, 4:07, 4:10, 4:15)
- 3-Blade, Rakon: 4min 27sec Avg (4:13, 4:13, 4:26, 4:34, 4:47)
- 2-Blade, Cut Blade 4-blade: 4min 49sec Avg (4:26, 4:56, 5:05)
As you can see by the graph, 2-blade props yielded the longest flight times. The difference in thrust between the three props was negligible. The weird thing is, I haven’t been able to find 2-blade props for Inductrix or Inductrix FPX anywhere. 😕
Prop Weight, Average
- 4-Blade, Blade: 298.7mg Avg (295, 295, 302, 303mg)
- 3-Blade, Rakon: 244.5mg Avg (242, 242, 247, 247mg)
- 2-Blade, Blade 4-blade cut: 225.7mg Avg (223, 223, 228, 229mg)
Parts Used are from GetFPV.com
- Lumenier AIO-200 Mini FPV Camera & 200mW VTX
- Lumenier RX0615-14 Micro Brushed Motor Set (2 CW, 2 CCW)
- Lumenier 205mAh 1s 25c Lipo Battery w/ JST
- Rakonheli 31MM 3 Blade Clear Propeller
Close-ups, Feedback and Reviews
To be more mobile friendly, photos on TazRC are limited in size. I would be happy to post any close-up photos on request. Just leave a comment below. Also, feel free to leave your feedback on the Inductrix FPV Prop Options article. Registration not required.
Shortcut URL to this page: https://tazrc.com/props-fpv