Battery Hatch Mod
I couldn’t be happier with the results! The fuselage is just as stiff with the top portion removed, thanks to the thick floor and sides along with the stock carbon-fiber reinforcements. I started by carefully removing the windscreen. It’s glued with flexible contact cement-type glue and comes off fairly easy and just peels off the windscreen. I used regular CA on the battery hatch-to-top joint and Loctite Stik’n Seal (like Welders) on the windscreen and magnets. No additional reinforcement. I would have used Stik’n Seal on the foam joint as well but wanted to make sure it was stiff for Hobbylite filler covering the original hatch seams. I pilfered the matching magnets on the rear servo hatch to have 4 of the same for the new battery hatch. I used a dab of Stik’n Seal to hold the rear hatch closed and it can easily be cut to gain access.
Battery Hatch Mod Videos
Close-ups, Feedback and Reviews
To be more mobile friendly, photos on TazRC are limited in size. I would be happy to post any close-up photos on request. Just leave a comment below. Also, feel free to leave your feedback or personal review on the Multiplex Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter. Registration not required.
Shortcut URL to this page: https://tazrc.com/pilatus-hatch-mod