Peter Sripol’s DIY homemade electric “FAA Part 103” ultralight airplane built from hobby grade brushless motors and LiPo batteries.
“Well the wings are now done! So far the max weight of the beast is 180 (no powerplant), this kinda sucks as I think I’ll be getting right up to 230 for take off. 🙁 Still beats the 500lbs the aviation forums keep saying, hahahaha!”
DIY Electric Ultralight Airplane by Peter Sripol
- Part 1. Fuselage and Basic Design
- Part 2. Tail Section
- Part 3. Cockpit and Controls
- Part 4. Fiberglassing Fuselage & Wing Construction
- Part 5. Making the Wings
- Part 6. Giant Motors and Final Checks
- Part 7. It Really flies! (short hops)
- Peter Sripol’s DIY Electric Airplane
Comment below on the “Sripol DIY Pt 5. Making the Wings” video.
Return to Full-size Aircraft Photos & Videos