Peter Sripol’s DIY homemade electric “FAA Part 103” ultralight airplane built from hobby grade brushless motors and LiPo batteries.
“Ayyyyyeeee… After Oshkosh I really missed actually flying in a plane. Since things didn’t work out with Flite Test (regarding my real airplane I bought), I never really got the chance to fly anything. I did get my private pilot’s license a while back but never used it much. Since the 172 is cost prohibitive and not really the type of flying I want to do I might as well build the airplane to perform as such! This will be a Part 103 legal ultralight aircraft! Primarily electric, it should be super quiet and a joy to fly!”
DIY Electric Ultralight Airplane by Peter Sripol
- Part 1. Fuselage and Basic Design
- Part 2. Tail Section
- Part 3. Cockpit and Controls
- Part 4. Fiberglassing Fuselage & Wing Construction
- Part 5. Making the Wings
- Part 6. Giant Motors and Final Checks
- Part 7. It Really flies! (short hops)
- Peter Sripol’s DIY Electric Airplane
Comment below on the “Sripol DIY Pt 1. Fuselage & Basic Design” video.
Return to Full-size Aircraft Photos & Videos